- Both are object-oriented languages that use “objects” to represent data and methods, as opposed to procedural programming with a list of instructions.
- Both can be used in front-end development and on the server side.
- The languages are assembled, written, and executed differently.
- The languages use different plug-ins.
Front-End Web Development
Hypertext markup language (HTML) is used to format and arrange web pages. It’s responsible for the structure of the website and allows content in the form of text, images, links, and videos. CSS is used to style the content that HTML inserts on web pages. It sets shapes, sizes, colors, and fonts, controlling how the web page appears.
- Forms with error checking input fields to ensure users enter correct and complete information in all necessary fields
- Animated images
- Personalized greetings based on time of day
- Interactive maps
Back-End Web Development and Other Uses
Node JS is an open-source runtime environment that processes server-side code and helps to execute a program. It increases speeds by using server idle time and an event loop to complete requests.
Additional End Products
Web-based slide presentations
Developers can use JS libraries, like Reveal JS and Bespoke JS to create interactive web-based slideshow presentations. Users can add images and elements like bulleted lists, and sliding decks provide responsive scaling to adapt to desktop, mobile device, and tablet use.